I’m doing a test. Below is a WebGL application created in Unity, and added here to WordPress. Continue reading Experiment with adding WebGL from Unity into WordPress
I’ve launched a new 2-player game called “Chicken Fokkers”
So I’ve made another game. This one has an awesome title that definitely came first. Chicken Fokkers is out now, and you can download it for Android here:
Here’s a promo video I created for the launch:
Continue reading I’ve launched a new 2-player game called “Chicken Fokkers”
Solburn Cluster project
So I’ve been working on a new(ish) project which for now I’ve been calling “The Solburn Cluster”, and right now it’s a collection of unconnected modules and assets that I’ve created in Unity, ready at some point to be formed into a game – or many games. But right now I’m sort of working without and end goal, creating things that I think I’ll need. Continue reading Solburn Cluster project
I recently created a game for my brother’s birthday, not really meant for anyone else to see it but him. I spent a lot of time on the 2D assets, intending to use them on my next game project. Continue reading “Astro-potatoes”
Things I learned in 2016
Things I have learned this year, in no particular order: Continue reading Things I learned in 2016
New BotSumo bot: CogBot
Here’s a new bot that will soon join the dastardly ranks in BotSumo:
Here’s a video of these CogBots in action:
These new bots have now been released!
Escape the sector update – playable ships are here!
I posted a while ago saying that new playable ships are coming, and I’ve finally got it finished! Also there’s a new level, new obstacles, and minor updates to the other levels. Get it on Android here, or in your browser here. Continue reading Escape the sector update – playable ships are here!
Different-sized colliders in Unity change the angular velocity
I’ve been working on adding different playable spaceships to Escape the Sector, but I’ve noticed this curious feature in Unity (I thought it was a bug at first!).
Watch this video:
Even though these 3 ships all have the same mass, angular velocity, drag and the same force is being applied, they turn at different rates because they have different sized colliders.
I assume this is normal, but it’s going to make it quite difficult to get the turning speed the same on them all without a lot of tweaking!
Some more things to add to Escape the Sector…
I’m not done with Escape the Sector yet (which I released on the Google Play store in July). I toyed with leaving it a bit, and moving to another project, but I’ve been encouraged by a 3D artist called Dave Bisseg who contacted me after I posted screenshots on a Facebook group for Indie developers, and has created some new ships, which perfectly fit the blocky, voxel style of what I’ve already created.
For comparison and to show what a great job he’s done at matching the style, here’s one of my large ships (originally made for the abandoned Escape Vector project).
Debrief of my “Escape the sector” game project
Ok, this might not be of much interest to anyone other than me, but as I’ve been writing other stuff about my game here, it seems like a good place to put it. So I’ve spent a long time on Escape the sector, which is unfortunate because if you actually play it all the way through, 6 levels lasting 2 minutes it’ll only take you 12 minutes. I feel like the effort / play ratio is way off! 😛
Download Escape the sector for Android here
So, things I learned for this project: Continue reading Debrief of my “Escape the sector” game project