Things I have learned this year, in no particular order: Continue reading Things I learned in 2016
I know March seems like an unusual time to do a roundup of last year, as we’re already 2 months into 2016, but I was recently encouraged to do a roundup of all articles on my OngoingWorlds blog, so thought it wasn’t too late to do it for this blog too. So here’s the most viewed articles I wrote in 2015:
- I’ve finished a game but too embarrassed to show it anyone because it’s about a giant turd
- Exporting a sprite sheet from Flash into Unity animation
- So I’m uploading something to the Google Play store
- My CSS layout – group by component, not by screen-size
- I use BEM – A good clear naming convention
- Chrome pulls Unity plugin
- My opinions on using or not using Bootstrap
- My favourite CSS comment style
- How long before we get cool curved desktop screens like this one from Black Mirror?
- A vertical-align mixin that changed my life
Also, I wrote this article about what I did in 2015.
2015 is over and dead. But from the ashes rises 2016. Which it is today. January the 1st in fact.
Here’s what I did last year:
- Published an Android app called “What’s Glob been up to?” on the Google Play store. More about that here.
- Got married.
- Got a new job.
- Published an Android game called BotSumo on the Google Play store. More about that here.
- Climbed an apple tree (see top pic).
- Went to Carcassonne (also played Carcassonne in Carcassone).
- Helped create an interactive display for the museum.
- Spent ages on a game about a giant space turd, which nobody liked, and even I hated by the end. I uploaded it to Newgrounds – see here (requires Firefox & the Unity player).
- Grew a beard, then shaved it off.
- Created some graphics for my brother’s card game – which he still hasn’t finished:
- Created this blog! I’ve listed the most viewed articles from 2015 here.